Yesterday, Disney announced that guests staying in Club Level rooms at select resorts will be given the option of purchasing an additional 3 FastPass+ per day. In addition, the purchase will also include reserve seating at all nighttime spectacles.
Dubbed “Theme Park Extra,” guests are able to purchase this additional perk for $50 a day, per person, with a 3-day minimum stay. While the perk is mostly for guests staying at the Club Level, there are a few other resort levels offering this experience:
- Cooper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Cabins
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Club Level
- Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club – Club Level
- Disney’s Boardwalk Inn – Club Level
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Club Level
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort – Club Level
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Villas & Bungalows – Bungalows
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Club Level
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels – Presidential Suites, Governor Suites, Parlor Suites, Premium Alcove Rooms
Guests who have purchased this additional perk can book these additional FastPass+ options 90 days in advance, compared to the normal 60 days. Guests also are not able to repeat the same FastPass+ attraction in the same day and have the same stipulations attached to normal FastPass+.
Chris’s Take This is a pretty interesting move forward by Disney. While I am not against this, I do have some overall thoughts. This seems like Disney is piloting the purchase of additional FastPass+ with the Club Level guests with the mindset of moving this towards all guests at some point. While I don’t believe Disney will charge $50 for guests staying at non-Club Level rooms in the future, the success of MaxPass at Disneyland could lead to a similar system being implemented at Disney World. Disney very easily could be piloting this system with guests who are not too concerned with the extra charge to simply get data points as well.
I sincerely hope that Disney does begin introducing additional standard FastPass+ to guests soon, however with so many guests visiting the parks it would be a difficult task to allow 6 FastPass+ to all guests. As Disney has been trying to make their Deluxe Resorts more luxurious, my thought is to add simply one additional FastPass+ to all Disney Vacation Club guests. This gives more of an incentive to join the program and let guests utilizing the DVC program feel like their membership is worth just a little bit more.